Long-Term Residence Permit in Turkey
When you first toured Turkey, you recognized how well it suited you. So, before your visa expires, you applied for a residence permit in Turkey in order to extend your stay. Year after year, month after month, you always renewed your residency permit in Turkey. Until one day, an idea arises, “how can I get a permanent long-term residence permit in Turkey?” A permanent/Long-term residence permit in Turkey is suitable for anyone who has lived in Turkey for eight (8) years uninterruptedly.
Things to Know about Long-Term/Permanent Residence Permit in Turkey
According to Law No. 6458 on Foreigners and International Protection, non-Turkish citizens who consecutively complete eight (8) years stay in Turkey with the short-term residence permit can transfer to the long-term residence permit ID card during the next renewal.
Once you get the long-term residence permit, it will not need to be renewed. The permit shall be issued indefinitely. You can live forever in Turkey (if it is possible). Foreigners who are holding this permit may enjoy the rights vested in Turkish citizens. But there are exceptions for some specific areas, such as military service obligation, right to elect and be elected, holding public office, importing vehicles, and other arrangements in the private law.
Do not stay more than a year outside Turkey, or the government may cancel your residence permit. Except for the reasons of health, education, and compulsory public services in your home country.
Required Conditions For a Long-Term Residence Permit in Turkey
Based on Article 43 of the aforementioned law, in order to apply for a long-term residence permit in Turkey, you need to fulfill some required conditions below:
- Having lived at least eight (8) years consecutively to stay in Turkey,
- In the past three years, you should not have received social assistance,
- You have sufficient and stable income to maintain yourself or even to support your family,
- You have to have valid medical insurance,
- Do not pose any severe risk or threat to public peace and public security.
Some Steps to Apply For The Permanent Residence Permit in Turkey
Here are the possible steps to apply for your long-term residence permit.
First, you will require to prove your financial stability in Turkey. According to the law, the stable and sufficient income for each people in your family per month is at least USD 500. You need to submit the bank account detail, bank statement, and other required documents. Some property values also can be considered during this process.
Second, visit the official immigration website. Select the option to lodge a new application. There, you provide some details. Then it will lead you to one page. Select the option to apply for a long-term residence permit in Turkey, and fill the form. Furthermore, you will receive an appointment date to visit the immigration office.
Third, after receiving the appointment date, it will lead you to the payment page. They will generate the official charge for your particular case. There are three (3) ways to choose how you would pay: online payment, the tax office, or visiting any specific bank.
Fourth and last, when the appointment date comes, make sure that all the required documents are ready to bring before going to the immigration office. After you submit them, the response will be made to you by the authorities within 90 days. It is advisable to check your application status regularly on the website.
Related Articles about residence permits in Turkey:
- Residence Permit in Turkey: A Comprehensive Guide,
- How to Get a Residence Permit in Turkey?
- Touristic Residence Permit in Turkey,
- How Long Will It Take to Receive Your Residence Permit?
- The Questions and Answers You Should Read about Residence Permit,
- 3 Ways to Pay Your Residence Permit Application,
- 10 Steps to Know Your Residence Permit Application Fee,
- The Steps to Follow When Your Residence Permit Is Lost or Stolen,
- Changing the Address on Your Valid Residence Permit in Turkey.