Table of Contents
Touristic Accommodation Permit in Turkey
Documents are always needed when you apply for a touristic residence permit, whatever the type is. But some types of residence permits in Turkey have certain document requirements that are different from others. The residence permit types in themselves are quite various.
It can be a tourism permit, educational permit, scientific research permit, family permit, juridical permit, and so on. These residence permits help foreign nationals stay for a time period in Turkey. Touristic residence permits in Turkey are one of the most popular permit types.
Touristic Visa and Touristic Residence Permit in Turkey
The first residence permit you receive will be valid for one to two years. Foreigners who do not have this residence permit are only allowed to stay in Turkey for a total of 90 days (depending on their visa expiration date) during the 180-day visa validity period.
● The application form must be filled completely and signed by the applicant him/herself.
● If the applicant hired a lawyer in Turkey to submit their documents, their lawyer must be issued with a power of attorney and stamped by the notary office in Turkey.
● The applicant should be physically present at the notary office to arrange the power of attorney. Because they will need the applicant’s signature.
● You are required to present your passport. After the passport is translated into Turkish, the power of attorney can be processed and issued in the same or the next day.
Documents Required for Touristic Residence Permit Application
Submit these documents when you apply for the touristic residence permit in the E-Ikamet Residence Permit Application at the Directorate General of Migration Management online website.
• Application form,
• Original passport and photocopy passport,
• Notarized passport or travel document translated to Turkish submitted to the Turkish notary,
• Address proof document (it could be a notarized accommodation document or hotel reservation confirmation),
• Valid health insurance (exceptional for foreigners under 18 years old or over 65 years old),
• 4 biometric passport photos of the applicant (use a white background and match the biometric requirements),
• Local Bank Statement (as evidence that the applicant is financially independent and has the ability to support her/himself or even her/his dependent family member (spouse, children under 18 years old) it’s defined by the Turkish Immigration Office.1 Currently, the minimum wage index in Turkey is about $500 per month of stay).
Extending Your Touristic Residence Permit in Turkey
According to Article 6458 of Immigration Law2; from 01.01.2020, foreigners who already obtained their residence permit for 1 year for tourist purposes previously, will not be able to extend their touristic residence permit if they can’t give a valid justification.
Apply for the renewal of the touristic residence permit within 60 days before the expiration date of your current touristic residence permit.
Here is a related article that might interest you; “Residence Permit in Turkey: Where and How to Apply.”