What Are The Benefits of a Work Permit in Turkey?
It is a legal obligation for employers to apply for a work permit in Turkey on behalf of their employees; otherwise, working them under their company or in their houses would be illegal. However, a work permit comes with benefits, both for the employer and for the employee.
In this short article, we will be informing you about some of the benefits for both the employer and the employee.
– Since a work permit allows foreigners to reside in Turkey, they will not need to apply for a residence permit and can stay in Turkey as long as the validity of their work permit allows them.
– Foreigner who holds a work permit can get treated free in all hospitals and clinics, including; emergency services.
– Children of the foreigner’s who holds a work permit in Turkey, who are under 18 years old, are also included in their parent’s work permit.
– Foreigners who invest in Turkey by opening a company or a branch and obtains a work permit can get a tax discount.
Foreigners who hold work permits can easily apply for a residence permit for their spouses and children under 18. By obtaining a residence permit, they can keep their family right by their side and protect their family ties live happily in Turkey.
For example, if you employ a foreigner in your house to help you with housework, you and your children can feel assured and safe after their work permit comes. Since on evaluation process foreigner’s background is checked by the local police, it will assure you that they have not been a part of any criminal activity and you can trust them with your children and your home.
Also, it will be an opportunity for your children to get to know and start learning another language while they are young. You should be cautious that you should state openly in the labour contract what you are expecting them to do while they are working under you, and they should accept and sign the contract.
Related Article: Are You Legally Authorized to Work in Turkey?
Benefits For Foreigners Who Are Working in Turkey
Turkey is one of the nations that many international people like to explore because of its geographical position, climate, historical legacy, and environmental riches. There are also a large number of foreigners who want to reside in Turkey indefinitely.
The total number of foreigners permanently living in Turkey in 2019 was 1,531,180. Due to current laws, foreigners who wish to live and work in Turkey now have more options than ever before. Many individuals desire to work in Turkey, according to studies.
According to the Ministry of Family, Labor, and Social Policy, 472,733 foreigners applied for work permits in Turkey. With the exception of security, sailing, veterinary medicine, pharmaceuticals, dentistry, and the post of nursing, foreigners have the right to work in Turkey in virtually every profession.
Employed foreigners in Turkey have several benefits.
- Foreigners are entitled to free medical care in government hospitals and a price reduction in private clinics,
- They may acquire Turkish citizenship and participate in certain economic and social programs after living in Turkey for five years,
- A work visa is also required in Turkey for children under 18 who are the offspring of immigrant workers.
Related Article: Learn Things About Turkish Labour Law.