How to Take a Visa for Turkey?
Table of Contents
Visa for Turkey
You may find comprehensive information in this article regarding the topic; “how to take a visa for Turkey?” Turkey is one of those bucket-list countries that are always on the list of locations to visit before you die. This is especially true for Istanbul’s fascinating and amazing metropolis, Efes’ breathtaking ancient site, and Cappadocia’s and Pamukkale’s uncanny charms, to name a few. Turkey is a country rich in outstanding sites, world-class food, and diverse microclimates, ensuring that there is something for everyone.
Foreign visitors to Turkey are strongly advised to read the relevant information on the visa regime in Turkey. The visa system for a country’s tourist and business visits may differ from that of a country’s work and education visits. Turkey’s visa policy may also alter as a result of the reciprocity principle. While some candidates may be excluded from obtaining a visa for their travel to Turkey, others may be able to get an e-Visa. All other candidates must apply for a visa via Turkish embassies across the world.
How to Take a Visa for Turkey?
As a bridge between Europe and Asia, the Republic of Turkey is located at the crossroads of two continents. The country’s capital is Ankara, and the most popular tourist attractions include Istanbul, Izmir, Antalya, and Cappadocia.
There are a lot of things to see and do in Turkey, be it Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque in Istanbul or beautiful places like Cappadocia, Antalya. It was considered possible to obtain a visa on arrival at the airport, but the Turkish authorities changed this, and it has now been gradually eliminated. But fear not to travel, as you can still get a visa for Turkey, with just a tiny bit of planning. Below you’ll find some good tips for making your Turkish visa application as painless as possible.
A visa to Turkey is not difficult to get. Citizens of countries with whom Turkey has an e-Visa agreement can apply for and get their visas online. For additional information on the e-Visa in Turkey, go to the Turkish e-Visa website. The e-Visa is solely good for tourism reasons and is not applicable to work or study visas. You can print out or save the document provided to your e-mail when your V-visa is granted and present it at the airport and border control.
The e-Visa is practically the same as a visa granted at passport control, however, Turkey requires travelers to acquire an e-Visa online in order to speed the procedure (visitors who are eligible for an e-Visa but do not acquire one may be charged extra costs if they are allowed to enter Turkey). You can find detailed information on the e-Visa fees official PDF document issued by the Turkish government.
One can also register for a Turkish visa at the Turkish foreign office or embassy in your country. It’s also recommended that you prepare the relevant documents and satisfy the application criteria for this sort of application. To avoid any last-minute problems before your holiday in Turkey, we recommend starting the application procedure at least one month ahead of schedule.
Do I Need a Visa to Travel to Turkey?
Third-country nationals who desire to visit Turkey for a variety of reasons must get a visa. As part of bilateral visa accords, a number of nations are excluded from visa requirements. As a result, citizens of some nations can make use of an online electronic visa (e-Visa) application system to expedite the procedure. Remember to check online to see whether you are eligible to apply for an e-Visa to visit Turkey. Citizens of nations whose ID cards allow them to go to Turkey are also mentioned publicly by the Turkish government.
What is a Turkey e-Visa? And How to Apply for an e-Visa?
Simply stated, an e-Visa is an official travel document that allows you to enter Turkey. This will be for a certain period. Turkey established this process back in 2013, so now you have to apply beforehand to be lawfully approved to visit for either business or enjoyment. The E-Visa for Turkey is only valid when the intention of travel is tourism or business work. For all the rest, you are required to get a visa from the Turkish embassy.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey introduced the Electronic Visa (e-Visa) Application System on April 17, 2013. This technology enables travelers to Turkey to get their e-Visas in less than three minutes by visiting www.evisa.gov.tr. Everywhere with internet access, anyone can get an e-Visa 7/24. After filling out the relevant information about their identification, passport, and travel dates, and paying the visa cost online, candidates can get their visa.
- Please note that e-visa is only valid when the purpose of travel is tourism or commerce. For other purposes, such as work and study, visas are given by Turkish Embassies or Consulates.
- The term “official passports” covers diplomatic, service, special and official passports.
It’s also recommended that you travel with a valid travel document/passport for at least six months from the date of your entry into Turkey. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is working to improve the e-Visa system and make it easier for foreign nationals to get their visas.
How many days will it take to get Turkey visa?
Don’t be hopping mad just yet because the application is pretty simple. Get your passport in your hand when you fill out the online form. It’ll take minutes to complete, but double-check all the data completely as mistakes can cause difficulty or a refusal. You can implement it everywhere you have a good internet facility, 24/7.
Tips to Get a Visa for Turkey
Obtaining a Turkey online visa is a quick, easy, and painless procedure. You can get a cup of cappuccino in a coffee shop and fill out the application online easily, and get the e-Visa in a few minutes. All you need is to fill in a few pieces of information and have to make an online payment. With an e-Visa, you can undergo the land border or fly into Turkey.
For great diversity, Turkey is tough to strike. The country is the best to benchmark in throngs of people, natural landscapes, and culture. It’s a land of huge open areas and gigantic mountain ranges, productive valleys, and strong coastline expanding rapidly cities and sleepy villages, seaside resorts, and beaches. Turkey overflows with historic sites and archaeological miracles, all set in a diverse and amazing landscape. Though the capital status escapes it, Istanbul is very much the heartbeat of the nation. Above all, to enter Istanbul, or Turkey for that matter, most visitors will need a Turkey visa for foreigners.
Although, there are a few visa types, various ways to obtain your visa, and diverse fees to pay. Therefore, it all counts on your passport type, origin country, and the intention of your visit. Follow these tips to identify the simplest way to get a Turkey visa:
- You can apply for the Turkey visa as far as 60 days to at least 30 days earlier than your planned date of visit.
- Entry into Turkey demands a Turkey Visa. Foreign passport holders need to have an electronic visa and also a sticker visa published by a Turkish politic or consulship mission to be able to enter Turkey.
- Travelers can apply for a Turkish visa using two major methods, an online application for an electronic visa or a straight application at the Turkish Embassy or consular office. Therefore, not all candidates can apply for the e-Visa.
- The Turkish government has presented a new electronic visa for some countries. Turkish e-Visa is only legal when the goal of travel is a touristy or commercial purpose. It’s similar to a visa, but no stamp or label is set in the passport. People can obtain a Turkish visa online, provided they meet specific requirements. You are only qualified for a Turkey e-Visa if you contain a valid visa or valid citizen authorization from some countries, and your intention of travel is tourism or commercial only.
What Are The Documents Required To Apply for an e-Visa to Turkey?
Below is the list of what you required to apply for the e-Visa to Turkey online:
- Passport – Getting a passport isn’t difficult and it’s pretty an essential document in today’s world. If you currently have one, ensure that it stays valid for the period of your trip. Always verify its expiration date.
- E-mail address – Your Turkey visa will be connected to your passport by email, but you still require a printed copy to show at the immigration agency in Turkey. They will send you a PDF variant via email. Make sure that you give a proper address.
- Mode of payments – Preceding to submission of the application, you have to pay for your visa and its service fee. You can do that through a credit card, debit card, or bank account.
How Long Can Foreign Visitors Stay in Turkey With A Tourist e-Visa?
Turkey is a magical place located somewhere between Asia and Europe. People carrying common passports who have obtained a visa for travel intention can enter Turkey for an utmost of 90 days in total with various entry, but must not occupy in paid or unpaid work. If you want to stay more, you have applied to your local police station for a residency permit in Turkey.
As a wanderer, having a visa accepted is one of life’s little joys. This new procedure to apply directly for your visa online saves a lot of time and work and will have you hurrying through passport control in a short period. And then heaven on earth Turkey awaits, really one of the most beautiful and exotic countries on earth.
Here is an article that might interest you further; “What Documents Do I Need for Turkey Visa?“