Documents Required For Foreigners to Enter Turkey
What Are The Documents Required For Foreigners to Enter Turkey?
This article provides relevant information regarding the documents required for foreigners to enter Turkey. Turkey offers numerous investment opportunities to foreigners and ex-pats. This attracts people from other countries to try their luck by investing in the different industries in Turkey. Not only that, but a lot of travelers from all around the world are looking for perfect holiday opportunities in Turkey.
As a bridge, the Republic of Turkey is situated at the crossroads of Europe and Asia. Ankara is the country’s capital, while Istanbul, Izmir, Antalya, and Cappadocia are among the country’s most famous tourist attractions.
No matter what encourages foreigners to invest in Turkey, or visit Turkey for touristic purposes, they need to follow certain government policies and regulations to enter the country. Even the history and beauty of Turkey attract tourists from all across the world to explore Turkish culture as well as other tourist attractions. The number of tourists in the country is increasing every year.
If you are a foreigner and want to enter Turkey through border gates, you require providing a valid passport or travel document to the Turkish government. Let’s learn more about the documents required for foreigners to enter Turkey through border gates.
What are the Requirements for a Turkish Visa?
- The Turkish government has started an e-visa application system that allows visitors who wish to travel to Turkey to obtain their electronic visas online within just a few minutes. This system was launched by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey.
- You will be able to obtain a visa anytime from anywhere outside of Turkey if you have an internet connection. For this, you need to fill in the required information about your identity, passport, as well as travel dates. The applicant has to pay the visa fee online.
- You must also know that e-visa is applicable for people whose main purpose of entering Turkey is tourism or commerce. If you want to enter Turkey for the purpose of work, study, or for another reason, your visa will be given by the Turkish Embassy or Consulates.
- You are required to have a travel document or passport valid for at least six months from your arrival date in the country.
- You can check the status of your visa procedure online in Turkey.
Documents Required For Foreigners to Enter Turkey
- If you are a foreigner who wants to enter Turkey through border gates, you are required to submit your passport or travel documents to the Turkish officials at the time you make entry into Turkey.
- The checking of documents during the border crossings can also be performed on vehicles while foreigners are on route.
- The foreigners who use transportation areas at the airport may be required to undergo document checks by the capable Turkish authorities.
- When you are going to make an entry into Turkey, documents will be checked to determine whether you fall within the scope of Article 7 or not.
- In the implementation of Article 7, a foreigner who is undergoing comprehensive document checks may be held for four hours. During this period, he/she has the freedom to return to his home country or have to wait for the completion of the entire procedure. The foreigner will get permission to enter Turkey only if authorities are satisfied with the outcome of the document checks.
Can You Be Refused For a Visa For Turkey?
- If a foreigner doesn’t have a passport, travel document, visa, work permit, residence permit, or such documents or permits are incorrect/false, he/she will not be eligible to enter Turkey.
- If a passport or travel document of a foreigner is expired 60 days before the expiry date of the visa or the residence permit, he/she cannot enter Turkey.
- The Turkish visa won’t be issued to foreigners who are banned from entering the country or are considered not desirable in terms of public order or public security.
- If a foreigner is identified to suffer from a disease posing public health threats, he/she will not be allowed to enter Turkey.
- Even a foreigner who isn’t covered with valid medical insurance for the period of his/her stay in the country will be banned from entering Turkey.
- The foreigner who fails to provide a valid reason or proof of the purpose of entering or staying in Turkey may be refused to enter Turkey.
- In case, if a foreigner refuses to pay receivables due to the reason of overstaying the duration of the visa or the receivables originating from previous residence permit duration, he/she may not be allowed to enter Turkey.
Can I Get My Turkish Visa on Arrival?
- There are several cases when foreigners arrive at the border gates of Turkey without a visa and want to enter the country, then a visa may be issued to them that includes the document with the departure date from Turkey and required to leave the country within due time.
- The visa issued at border gates shall be issued by the authorities (which are headed by a governor) who are in charge of the respective border gates. These visas permit to stay in Turkey for a maximum of fifteen days, whereas different duration for a stay in Turkey is determined by the Council of Ministers.
- The need for medical insurance may be ignored for humanitarian causes for foreigners who are issued a visa at the border gates.
How Do You Get Deported from Turkey?
- The Directorate General in consultation with the relevant departments and institutions may ban a foreigner’s entry into Turkey if he/she finds an offensive for public order, public security, or public health threats.
- The Directorate General can also ban a foreigner who is deported from Turkey.
- The entry ban to Turkey shall not be more than five years. But, if there is a serious threat to public order or public security, this ban period can be extended for additional ten years.
- An entry ban to Turkey may be imposed on foreigners who don’t leave the country within the stated period.
Final Words on: “Documents Required For Foreigners to Enter Turkey”
This guide will help you to get useful information about entry into Turkey. If you follow the government rules and regulations properly, you will surely enjoy your stay for the specified period in Turkey and will be allowed to enter Turkey at border gates anytime you want.