Do You Need a Transit Visa If You Don’t Leave the Airport in Turkey?
This article explains Do You Need a Transit Visa If You Don’t Leave the Airport in Turkey? question in details. A Turkey Transit Visa is a license to get past Turkey during your journey to another country like Istanbul. This is normal because not everyone would get a direct flight to their stop. The permit is compulsory for all petitioners under the Turkey visa system, who desire to:
- Leaving the airport
- Pass through the immigration desks
- Stay for more than one day (24 hours) in Turkey for a connection
If you will not leave the transit lounge at the airport you are not needed to have a transit visa. A transit visa for Turkey is only required if you are thinking about leaving the airport and spending a few days in the beautiful country. If the tourist is simply connecting to another flight and will not be leaving the airport, a transit visa is not required.
Do You Need Transit Visa for Connecting Flights in Turkey?
Whether or not a traveler needs a Turkey transit visa depends on how they are planning on spending little time in Istanbul. If the tourist is connecting to another flight and will remain at the airport, they are not necessary to seek a transit visa. Turkish government decides that citizens of over 90 countries can get their transit visas for Turkey.
Most citizenship is qualified to get a transit visa through the Turkey E-Visa system. The traveler only required a valid passport, a debit or credit card, and an email address. Before applying for a transit visa for Istanbul, the traveler should consider whether they will be leaving the transit lounge and spending some time in Istanbul.
Residents of over 90 countries can get their transit visas and most of them are qualified through the E-Visa system. Although, persons who have a Turkey tourist visa or visa for other intentions, need not necessarily assist with a transit visa. You can help with a Turkey visa online or a sticker visa to visit Istanbul.
No matter whether your nationality is eligible you need one of the visas if you are planning to go to Istanbul city while traveling to Europe. In any case, you do not require a transit visa, then your citizenship is one with the visa-free category.
Types of Turkish Transit Visa
Transit Turkish E-Visa
The process for this visa type is fast, inexpensive, and simple. Many countries can apply for an E-Visa Turkey. Hence, transit visas can also be applied via a website online. Or if you already have a Turkey tourist visa, then you are suitable for transit too and there is no requirement to avail a separate transit visa.
Transit Turkish Sticker Visa
To get a transit sticker visa you are necessary to do offline action like document submission, visa interviews, and a particular visa fee. The sticker visa for your transit can be: single transit and double transit
How to Apply For a Turkey Transit Visa?
Applying for a Turkey transit visa is a quite easy process. Appropriate citizens can complete an online petition from the comfort of their home, cafe, or office. Travelers necessity to provide some basic biographical information such as their full name, date, place of birth, and contact information. All candidates need to fill in their passport number and the passport publishing and expiration date.
Before presenting the application is advisable that travelers amend their details. It’s required to pay the visa charge with a debit or credit card. The candidate must give an email address, where they will receive information about their E-Visa.
Once the application is done, the Turkey E-Visa procedure will process the application, which can take between 2 to 3 days. Though, travelers should apply at least 72 hours ahead of their scheduled trip to Europe. The Turkey e-Visa can be multiple or single entries, according to the traveler’s nationality.
Requirements for Turkey Transit Visa
The requirement of a transit visa relies on your time of stay in Istanbul. If you are catching a connecting flight while going to Europe and you might have to stay for more than a day or two, you must use a Turkey transit visa.
Other requirements of a Turkey transit visa are the same as the traveler visa except that you have to apply for the correct visa when you are applying. The necessary papers and document for a Turkish transit visa application are:
- Passport: This is compulsory when it comes to a request for a transit visa. Also, the passport must be legal for another six months till the date you arrive in Turkey/Istanbul.
- Photographs: You need a photograph of yours (3.5in * 5.5in the specification)
- Verification of income or savings: A right proof has to be provided stating that you can fund your stay/transit in Turkey to reach your destination country Europe. Also, holding at least 50 dollars each day to spend is mandatory.
- Travel Insurance copy: A travel or medical insurance is important because you can always ask for compensation, damages, or cover whenever you have any luggage transit loss or medical emergency. So, you can get a traveling policy.
- Flight tickets: Your flight tickets from Istanbul to Europe are very crucial because they determine when and how much time you have or whether you need a transit visa.
- Visa to the final destination: You must show a correct certificate /visa to the country you are traveling to from Istanbul.
- Accommodation proof: Required any kind of proof like hotel proof or a call letter from the host in Turkey.
- Police Clearance Certificate: A correctly signed document from the police department that you have not been engaged in any cases in past years.
Final Words – Do You Need a Transit Visa If You Don’t Leave the Airport in Turkey?
So, this article will guide you to the process of applying for a transit visa in Turkey. Otherwise, if the traveler is only connecting to another flight and will not be left the airport, a transit visa is not required.