Regions Preferred By Foreigners in Istanbul
Istanbul, like every other city, has different neighborhoods with different identities. Naturally, ex-pats or foreigners in Istanbul prefer to stay close to each other, like any other city or country. At the end of the day, everyone prefers to see a familiar face or hear their mother language at least every once in a while. Therefore, we have compiled a list of regions preferred by foreigners in Istanbul.
The reason for this concentration might be as simple as proximity to a restaurant serving your local cuisine, a friend that has been lived in the neighborhood in the past or still living there, your taste of view, budget, or accessibility to your work, schools or living centers.
Everyone can have their own reasons; nevertheless, whatever the reason might be, ex-pats have been concentrated on several neighborhoods.
Most Popular Regions in European Side of Istanbul For Foreigners
• Maslak – Ayazaga District: Primary choice of people working in the Maslak district of Istanbul.
• Valikonagi Street – Macka Lane, and Nisantasi: The primary choice of people prefer to be close to living centers within walking distance.
• High-End Residential or Mix-Use Towers in Zincirlikuyu & Levent Districts: Primary choice of people, especially ranking managers with offices in Central Business Districts.
• Trump Towers, Mecidiyekoy: Secondary, more budget-friendly choice of people working in Central Business District and having easy access to living centers.
• Levent – Akatlar – Etiler – Ulus Lane: Choice of people who prefer living in a more traditional but luxurious neighborhood
• Arnavutkoy-Sariyer Bosphorus Lane: Choice of people who would like to be in a home with a view of Istanbul Bosphorus or a traditional historical house, or at least in a traditional neighborhood of Istanbul.
• Tunel, Galata, or Cihangir: Choice of people who would like to be in the core of living center and enjoy a more bohemian lifestyle.
Popular Locations in The Anatolian Side of Istanbul
• West Atasehir: Choice of people who would prefer to live in brand-new buildings or compounds and travel everywhere driving.
• Bagdat Street: This district actually consists of various neighborhoods, some with views of the Marmara Sea and Prince Islands, some closer to metro stations, some closer to the railroad, some closer to marinas, etc. Nevertheless, a common feature of all is a traditional high-end neighborhood with access to both sea and highways, accessible to the living centers on the Anatolian side of Istanbul.
• Beylerbeyi – Kanlıca – Bosphorus Lane: Approximately the same features with Arnavutkoy – Sariyer Bosphorus lane, facing each other. Choice of people who would like to be in a home with a view of Istanbul Bosphorus or a traditional historical house, or at least in a traditional neighborhood of Istanbul
At the end of the day, whatever your criteria may be, Istanbul has it to offer. The most life easing action would be getting in contact with a proper professional consultant and finding the best option to make your daily life in Istanbul bliss.
Related Article: Living in Turkey as a Foreigner.