People suffering from hair loss visit Turkey for a hair transplant. Do you know why? This is because when people have a tight budget and yet want to get a hair transplant done, Turkey is the place to be. The cost of hair transplant in Turkey is affordable. But before moving into the details about where to get hair transplant in Turkey, you need to know how the process of hair transplantation is done.
What is Hair Transplantation?
Hair transplantation is a process of surgery that treats hair loss. If you are suffering from baldness, getting a hair transplant is the best way to achieve a youthful look naturally. The process of hair transplant in Turkey is simple yet complicated. Some of the hair from the backside of your head is removed and placed in the area of your baldness. The portion of the head from where the existing hair is removed is known as the donor area and the balding area that receives the transplantation is known as the recipient area. It means you are your donor.
Why is Hair Transplantation a Complicated Process?
The surgical process of hair transplant means no new hair is created and the total number of hair strands remains the same on the head. Just the placement of the hair strands is changed. The hair placed in the new recipient area will continue to grow. Usually, the process of hair transplant surgery takes a full day. If your baldness is limited, only a single session of hair transplant surgery in Turkey is sufficient. However, if you have a largely bald area in your head, it might take a few sessions to complete the surgical process. Most of the hair transplant process is done under local anaesthesia and hence it is a painless procedure.
Why is Turkey the Chosen Destination for Hair Transplant Surgery?
Turkey is a beautiful country and one of the chosen tourism destinations in the world. But not many people are aware that Turkey is also quickly emerging as one of the sought after medical tourism destination as well. In the last few years, there has been a significant improvement in the medical infrastructure of Turkey. This is what makes hair transplant surgery in Turkey an affordable one. Also, the hair transplant costs in Europe and other western countries are on the higher side which makes Turkey the chosen destination for this surgical process.
Reasons Why Turkey is a Great Destination for Hair Transplant?
There are several reasons why people choose to opt for a hair transplant in Turkey:
- You can get high-quality hair transplant procedure at really cost-effective prices.
- The cost of hair transplant in Turkey is at least 60-80% less than that of the western countries.
- The doctors in Turkey are well trained and uses only the latest technologies for hair transplant in Turkey.
- The average waiting time in Turkey is much lower than that of the other western countries which is why people prefer visiting Turkey for the hair transplant process.
Process of Hair Transplant in Turkey
Several processes are followed for hair transplant in Turkey. If you are aware of the flow of the process, it will be easier for you to go through the surgical procedure.
- You should stop taking any medicine that you take regularly like supplements or vitamins. If you have been using any hair growth solution, you should stop using that too.
- If you are a smoker, you should stop smoking at least a week before the surgical process.
- Stop the consumption of alcohol at least 48 hours before the surgery.
- Wear comfortable clothing for your surgery.
- You will be given a mild sedative.
- There are certain techniques for hair transplant in Turkey like FUT, DHI, and FUE. You have to make your choice known to your doctor. Of course, the technique will be decided by your doctor depending on your suitability.
What Do the Doctors Do to Transplant the Hair On the Scalp?
- The first step towards surgery is to shave off the entire head of the patient to start the treatment.
- All pieces of jewellery and contact lenses are removed before the surgery.
- The next step is to administer general anaesthesia.
- The doctor will now remove small punch grafts from the donor area of the scalp and stitch back the donor area.
- To maintain the strength of the skin, the doctor will inject a small saline solution into the scalp at regular intervals.
- The hair grafts are then relocated into the bald patch of the scalp.
- Once the hair grafting is complete, the scalp is cleaned and covered with gauze to protect it from damage.
Postoperative Care and Recovery from Hair Transplant in Turkey
Once the surgery is over, the doctor will provide post-operative medications and instructions that you should abide by strictly.
- You will need to keep your head elevated while sleeping for a few days.
- You will not be able to use shampoo on your scalp for the next two weeks.
- You will have to use only medicated shampoo and hair serum as advised by the doctor.
- You can comb your hair only after five days post-surgery.
- You will not be able to consume alcohol or go out in the sun or swim for the next few weeks after the surgery.
A Hair Transplant in Turkey is a Good Option
When you want to cut down on the costs and yet get great results for a hair transplant, you should simply choose Turkey as your hair transplant destination.
The hair transplant surgeons in Turkey are very well qualified and they have advanced procedures and techniques in their pocket like FUT and FUE. Usually, these techniques range from $1.50 to $4.70 per hair strand. The charge is not per unit of hair follicle but depends on the number of sessions that you would want to take. Thus it is needless to say that if you have a high number of hair grafts for transplant, it will cost you less money.