Retrieving the Additional Documents
On your appointment date, they will check whether your documents are valid or not. At that moment, the foreign nationals are possible to not bring some required documents because of certain cause.
Or, they may be asked by the clerk to add some documents to complete the particular requirement. And other foreigners may be requested to renew theirs.
To cope with this case, “Göç İdaresi” was offering a specific period of time to the applicant to retrieve the additional documents. They grant the extra time up to 30 days.
The foreign nations should submit the missing/renewed documents before the specified time or their application will be cancelled, and they shall need to make a new one.
For the extension application, provincial directorate of migration shall keep in touch with you using your declared address and contact information.
Refusal, Non-renewal, and Cancellation
This status may be received by the foreign nations when they want to apply for a residence permit.
Their request may not be granted, may be cancelled if has been issued, or their permit may cannot be renewed when they meet this following cases.
• The condition provided (one or more) for short-term residence permit are not met or no longer apply.
• Rooted that the residence permit is used outside the purposes of those it is issued for.
• A current removal decision or an entry ban to Turkey.
Extending Tourism Residence Permit
Started since 01 January 2020, foreigners who already obtained their residence permit for 1 year on tourist purpose previously, will not be able to extend their residence permit if the purpose is still the same. All citizens of other countries cannot extend their residence permits unless they can give a valid reason. Exceptional for OECD countries, Russia, China, and the European Union.
So, what valid reasons? Here some suggested reasons foreigners can use when they are applying for a Turkish Residence Permit.
• Marry a Turkish citizen.
• Owning property in Turkey that registered using their name.
• Being a relative of Turkish citizen.
• Studying in Turkey while have reached 18 years old.
• Having an ongoing court in Turkey.
• Continuing to get health treatment in Turkey.
• Having at least 100.000 USD in Turkish Bank.
• Being from Ahiska Turks.
• Employees in Turkey having work permit extension.
• Having a Turkish ancestry certificate.
• Continuing the process of their Turkish citizenship application.
• Having a company in Turkey with a paid capital of 100.000 TL. They get a work permit within 6 months.