Documents are always needed when you apply for a residence permit, whatever the type is. But some types of residence permits have certain document requirements that are different from other types.
The type itself is quite various. It can be tourism, educational, scientific research, family purpose, juridical purpose, and so on. It helps foreigners national to stay longer in Turkey.
Touristic Visa and Residence Permit
Your first residence permit will valid for up to one until two years. Without this residence permit, foreigners may remain in Turkey consecutively or separately for maximum 90 days (depend on their visa expiration date) within 180 days of visa validity.
The application form must be filled completely and signed by the applicant her/himself.
If the applicant hired a lawyer to submit their documents, their lawyer must be issued with a limited power of attorney and stamped by the notary office.
The applicant should be physically present at the notary office to arrange the power of attorney. Because they will need the applicant’s sign.
You are required to present your passport. After the passport is translated into Turkish, the power of attorney can be processed and issued in the same or the next day.
Documents for Tourism Residence Permit Application
Submit these documents when you apply for the residence permit in the E-Ikamet Residence Permit Application at Directorate General of Migration Management online website.
• Application form,
• Original passport and photocopy passport,
• Notarized passport or travel document translation by Turkish notary,
• Address proof document (It could be notarized accommodation document or hotel reservation confirmation),
• Valid health insurance (Exceptional for foreigners under 18 years old or over 65 years old),
• 4 biometric passport photos of the applicant (Use a white background and match the biometric requirements)
• Local Bank Statement (As an evidence that the applicant is financially independent and has ability to support her/himself or even her/his dependent family member (spouse, children under 18 years old). It is defined by Turkish immigration office. Currently, the minimum wage index in Turkey is about US$500 per month of stay)
Extending Your Touristic Residence Permit
According to the Article 6458 of Immigration Law, from 01.01.2020, foreigners who already obtained their residence permit for 1 year on tourist purpose previously, will not be able to extend their residence permit if they cannot give a valid justification.
Apply the renewal of Touristic Residence Permit within 60 days before the expiration date of your current residence permit. You can do it via online at https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr.