Opportunities for Food Exports in Turkey
Did you know that Turkey is one of the largest producers of agricultural products and hence is an attractive destination for the foreign agricultural investors? Some of the products that are produced by Turkey include cherries, tea, hazelnuts, tobacco, apricots, figs, eggplants, tomatoes and pomegranates.
Turkish Laws That Govern the Export and Import of Food Products
There is strict control regulation for the export and the import of the agricultural products in Turkey. If you wish to start as a foreign investor in Turkey for business in agricultural products, you need to strictly adhere to the laws and the regulations laid down by the Turkish officials. Some of the laws are mentioned below for your knowledge:
- Registry and confirmation of Food business regulations in the country.
- Both food and feed hygiene must also be taken care of by the investor companies.
- Office control of Plant origin food and also feed import regulation that is imposed by the customs authority of Turkey.
- Placement of feeds in Market and their usage along with the Food Codex microbiological criteria regulation.
- The working procedure and also the principles of Risk Assessment commissions and committee’s regulation that is in place.
- The health certificate for plant origin food and the feed export. Along with it also the implementation of regulation for all those products that have been returned from the export.
Documents Required for Food Import and Export in Turkey
There are certain documentations that must be produced by the companies in order to do import/ export business in Turkey. Some of the documents that you must keep handy are mentioned below:
- The license of import and export obtained from Turkey that is given on registration with the customs authorities of Turkey.
- The bill of the transport along with the commercial invoice. The transportation bill can be either or all of the shipment, landing and airway.
- The certificate of origin for the agricultural products.
- The agricultural products must also have the mark of conformity compliance on their labels before the export.
- One of the mandatory documents is the phytosanitary certificate for the agricultural commodities.
Turkey offers great opportunity for import export business for the foreign investors. It is indeed a good time to explore the opportunities in the country.